20 December, 2009

So darkness I became...

I found something bloggish, how exciting! I'm going to try and do one each time i'm on, if I can be bothered, some of them are a bit strange (what on earth is a fanfic?!) but yeah....

day 01 → your favourite song
day 02 → your favourite movie
day 03 → your favourite television program
day 04 → your favourite book
day 05 → your favourite quote
day 06 → whatever tickles your fancy
day 07 → a photo that makes you happy
day 08 → a photo that makes you angry/sad
day 09 → a photo you took
day 10 → a photo of you taken over ten years ago
day 11 → a photo of you taken recently
day 12 → whatever tickles your fancy
day 13 → a fictional book
day 14 → a non-fictional book
day 15 → a fanfic
day 16 → a song that makes you cry (or nearly)
day 17 → an art piece (painting, drawing, sculpture, etc.)
day 18 → whatever tickles your fancy
day 19 → a talent of yours
day 20 → a hobbie of yours
day 21 → a recipe
day 22 → a website
day 23 → a YouTube video
day 24 → whatever tickles your fancy
day 25 → your day, in great detail

day 26 → your week, in great detail
day 27 → this month, in great detail
day 28 → this year, in great detail
day 29 → hopes, dreams and plans for the next 365 days
day 30 → whatever tickles your fancy



DAY ONE - favourite song.

Wow. Stuck already.
I'm such a weirdo when it comes to music I swear. My top played on itunes consists offff... Paolo Nutini, Sara Bareilles, Michael Buble, Celineeee, Busted, Courteeners, Good old Whitney, The Smiths... It goes on from there really, everything on my top played kind of means something to me, strange as that sounds. At the minute I am on the biggest Florence + The Machine obsession, it's getting a bit silly really but I can't help it. My favourite album is Lungs by her and when I realised this it was a pretty big deal cos i've never been able to say I love an entire album so much before.
I'm getting a bit off track now... I've got loads of favourite songs because I love it when you can listen to a song and it takes you right back to something so it's forever changing butttt I think my favourite song at the minute is Cosmic Love - Florence + The Machine.
I used to listen to it quite a lot but one day a few weeks ago before I went to see her with Naomi + Shannon, I was listening to it and I had to like, start the song again and I swear, it was like being smacked in the face. It made me feel so strange, as if loads of my feelings were just being dragged out of me one by one. It's probably one of the most intense songs i've ever heard and when I found out what it actually meant it just made me love it so much more...
'The song is a masterpiece. It's about a woman who falls in, apparently, unrequited love with a man. She feels so consumed and overwhelmed by this emotion - blinded by the intensity of it - that she is literally in the dark; totally lost, confused, scared, cannot see the wood for the trees, and also in agony because she believes that he doesn't feel the same way. She decides she has to remove herself from his influence, yet in doing so she finds out that he is in fact in love with her too, so they lose themselves in each other.'
It reminds me of nice nice niceeee stuff < 3

No comments:

Post a Comment