28 July, 2010

11 - a deceased person you wish you could talk to

eurgh, i hatehatehate the word deceased, ick.

roisin gustafson - nana rose / nana gus 


if i had my way, i'd want to talk to my nanas mum and dad, jack and nancy, my grandads dad, thomas, my dads dad tim and pete but when i saw this post thing, i instantly thought of my mum's nana, rose.
 this is the only picture i have of her on my laptop. she died like, two years ago now i think? because she's from my mums side, she's a pure scouser and is probably one of the funniest people i've ever had the privilege of meeting. she was the last of my great grandparents to pass away which basically means that i was able to actually get to know her. she was like, the heart of my mums side of the family and she'd do absolutely anything for anyone. when she died, i was old enough to understand what was going on and i was pretty broken about it because i'd never got to say goodbye to her, i'm quite lucky in the sense that i've never lost anyone exceptionally close to me because i know that there were people in my family that were much closer to nana gus (that's what i called her, pahah!) than me, like my mum for example, but in my eyes, the pain of having to watch someone you are close to (my mum, my mums brother, my grandad...) lose someone they're really close to, that kind of has a league of it's own if that makes sense? i'd love to be able to sit and talk to her again so i could tell her about the kind of person i am now, i'm so different to how i was a couple of years ago, i'd tell her about the kind of person i hope to be, i'd find out more about her, because everytime i did find out new things about her, it was incredible, then i'd make sure she knew how happy she made my family and how she had such a big influence of all of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment